This is my 4th time in California. It took me approximately 2 hours to drive and park from La Verne to Santa Monica on Day 1 and Beverly Hills on Day 2.
- Urth Caffe (in honour of my BFF’s suggestion) – multiple locations (I went to the one in Beverly Hills), healthy food – I couldn’t decide what to order so I ordered everything I wanted for $50 USD:
- crab cake burger with a side of salad
- apple beet juice (fresh)
- kale, yam, vegan cheese, crouton salad
- delicious blueberry danish
- Beverly Hills – Rodeo Drive for elite class designer brands shopping
- Sunset Blvd – I did a quick drive after Beverly Hills but didn’t have time to stop and walk around
- Santa Monica – The shopping street on 3rd/Promenade walk has brands like Alo and Anthropologie
- Santa Monica Pier – popular tourist attraction but I honestly didn’t have much feels for it until a street performer sang Hallelujah
- Crayfish and Tacos
- don’t drive so fast if you’re not familiar because you never know when the road dips and the gravity will ruin your car
- the GPS keeps diverting you to exits and back on the highway – I screwed up a few times and the crazy traffic made it hard for me to follow so I ended up wasting time so make sure you have a brief outline of how to get there and stay on the highway until you really need to exit
- Asian food in Cali is just as good as Vancouver – tried a Korean place and it was BOMB.COM
If I ever go back to Cali, I would visit the Griffith Observatory, The Grove (Totally Spies), do some outlet shopping, and figure out how polluted America is with all the driving because everything is so spread out.