I grew up in Vancouver my whole life but I have never been to the Vancouver Art Gallery.
The featured exhibition is TAKASHI MURAKAMI. I stared at the famous flowers for the longest time and couldn’t figure out why it was so familiar; all I knew was it was somehow linked to my childhood. Then I realized these were flowers on the Louis Vuitton purses back in the day when my mom ran a handbags business. WOW.
Firstly, I am shocked at the fact that most people who grew up where they grew up don’t know to explore where they grew up. Secondly, the flowers in my childhood somehow link to my first shock.
Then there is the framed list:
My mind is nuts right now because some of the sentences on the list I do agree with, KILL ME in a BRUTALLY HONEST FACE THE TRUTH WAY.
- if you have many desires your life will be interesting – PEOPLE WHO THINK DREAMERS ARE CRAZY, THINK AGAIN YOU BORING PEOPLE
- looking back is the first sign of aging and decay – THIS ONE IS SCARY BECAUSE IT’S TRUE
- moderation kills the spirit – BEING EXTREME IS MORE FUN
- romantic love was invented to manipulate women – IF YOU’RE A WOMAN, YOU KNOW
- self-awareness can be crippling – THIS ONE KILLED ME BECAUSE THAT’S WHERE MY OVER THINKING STEMS FROM
- spending too much time on self-improvement is antisocial – I WAS JUST PONDERING THIS QUESTION TODAY
- strong emotional attachment stems from basic insecurity – HENCE WHY MEN LOVE BITCHES
- stupid people shouldn’t breed – PLEASE DON’T
- you are a victim of the rules you live by – DIET RULES
- the only way to be pure is to stay by yourself – CONTRADICTS SELF-IMPROVEMENT SO I FEEL A LITTLE BETTER ABOUT MYSELF FOR BEING ANTISOCIAL NOW
- mothers shouldn’t make too many sacrifices – BECAUSE MEN DON’T HAVE TO
- it can be helpful to keep going no matter what – TIME PASSES ANYWAYS SO KEEP GOING
- freedom is a luxury not a necessity – AN EXAMPLE IS A CAR